Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Certain platforms such as iOS cannot have externally added components, the application has to be a whole single item, it is then verified by Apple (skins are not classed as a component).

It is likely we will choose the components which are most suited to mobile and implement them.
    Or maybe just have it so Android and/or Windows Phone can do this? Pretty sure Android would allow it (Poweramp on Android is great example, it has plugin support).

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

The requests for an architecture that allows 3rd-party-plugins are a little bit strange: the opportunity for adding arbitrary features by plugins are demanded rather than saying which concrete functionality is desired on a mobile device. However it seems evident for me that a mobile version should't be a feature monster but a version with meaningful features that offers an exciting mobile experience. Why don't you just tell what you would like to be ported?

As a windows phone user i would be happy about the simple support of album artist tag. We are writing the year 2014 and in windows phone ( and even in the highly praised poweramp for android!) you have the same odd experience like in old devices where albums get splitted by artist tag in the device's library. Such things are more important!

Please integrate the lyrics component with synchonized playback.

Also a solid rating and statistic system with the possibility to sync with other Foobar2000 Players. Like: Windows Foobar2000 (Master) is my main player and every other playback on other devices (slaves) should also be counted and added to my file-playback and rating statistic.

This would make music consumtion with Foobar2000 more personal and funnier because of the person related data. Even weather, time, bpm and ratings should influence random playback. - Just an idea

Just allow to sort the album list by artist/album as well as by folder structure .

it'd be cool if play count was available in mobile version, if possible, with syncing between players.

Realistically, I don't think plugins are going to be a viable option, so important components will have to be integrated, which opens the can of worms of software licensing; the foobar devs would have to ask permission from the developers of individual components to be included and they'd need the source and so on...

Here's my vote for functionality, however it ends up being implemented

Lyrics (I'm a fan of lyrics show panel 3)
    replay gain override
    playback statistics with sync*
    Waveform seekbar

Would like to see, but won't really miss:
    7-zip reader
    UPNP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point and/or samba [streaming] support and/or some way to stream music from desktop over cellular/WAN
    audioscrobbler

*As an owner of WindowsPhone and user of Win8, something that really should be taken advantage of is app linking and syncing. The playback statistics component on desktop can import and export an xml file; the windows[phone/RT] 8 apps can and should just share this information over the provided sync engine. Not sure if it would then be possible to sync that into the regular desktop client. Alternatively the xml could be exported as a file over onedrive and the desktop client could read that.

My main love is the customisable columns and displays, so as far as features go they are what I'd want...

Custom 'columns' or UI elements
    I import data from Discogs and keep it separate for completeness / ease, leading to columns with a pattern similar to this:
    Genre - $if(%DISCOGS_GENRE%,%DISCOGS_GENRE%[ /$char(47) %DISCOGS_STYLE%],%GENRE%)
    Album (Disc) - %album%[ '(CD '$if($greater(%TOTALDISCS%,1),%discnumber%,)')'][' - ('%CD_LABEL%')']

I also have two types of ratings which I use to search my music for either 'party' / 'chill' music, this may even grow one day, but it's nice to have both on the screen.

A 'star' feature
    My use would be to mark for changes - if I notice a spelling mistake, but I'm sure others would find other uses.
    - This could also be incorporated in to the custom UI elements request, but the difference would be that it's interactive

Custom search filters
    Again, due to the custom tags I search and display based on combinations or even my own date-added
    Date Added - %date_added%|$if2(%discogs_album_artist% - , %album artist% - )%album%[ '('%DISCOGS_CATALOG%')'][' ['%date%']']|[[%discnumber%.]%tracknumber%. ][%track artist% - ]%title%

Dayum I'm difficult, but that's what a wish list is for

Also, as a wish I don't expect to see come true (something that I might even try to make myself if custom components becomes a thing):
    Wave Seekbar - http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/ind...howtopic=77490

1. I've noticed that some players do not work with a separate equalizer app, so having an EQ built-in would be an excellent feature.

2. Perhaps the biggest thing I dislike about other music apps I've used in Android is that file type and bit rate can't be seen and tags can't be edited. Implementing that would also be a great idea.

3. Others have mentioned, but I'm going to mention it again. Custom UI. It took me until after the fundraiser for this started to figure out how to make use of the scratchbox, but I'd hate to lose that in the switch to Android platform.

4. Last one, I want to keep the sortable, searchable library list, though I expect it would be something that normally hides and you pull it out from the side when you need it.

Lightbulb Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Quote Originally Posted by Shy View Post
    Just allow to sort the album list by artist/album as well as by folder structure .
    This, i love the folder structure in foobar and in other players.

If possible, it would be awesome to have the ability to create, share and use 'skins'.
    It could be a file containing data as colors, fonts and images to be used on a skin.
    In the iOS case, someone can say if it's possible to load a text file with the skin's settings from the phone memory or from the web?

An really rough example would be this:
    Code:
    [NOW_PLAYING]
    BGD_COLOR=AAF2F2F2 'kind of light grey with transparency
    ICONS=icons.png 'a map with the icons in a single image divided by a grid

[TRACK_LIST]
    BGD_COLOR=[...]

I echo Kode54 and Spoon's thoughts on plugin integration - it would be impractical/impossible to implement in an open a manner as on the desktop iterations, and I concur with q-stankovic on the idea that we should be requesting the features natively which we'd actually want the plugins for anyway. Let's not break the devs' backs

The only plugin functionality I would like to see would be the last.fm audioscrobbler, so I'll drop another +1 in here for that. A crossfade feature would be excellent, and I've mentioned UPnP/DLNA in another thread. I also agree with some of the more interesting organisational comments here. Personally I sort things into playlists, so it would be nice to see the mobile UI keeping something similarly intuitive and configurable as tabs/menus for selecting them.

ps: And being able to swap - or at least import - .FPL files between/from network, cloud, or local sources would be great! Perhaps it might be useful to integrate a relative directory structure?
    Last edited by Tenebrous; July 17th, 2014 at 01:01 AM.