Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Titleformat or analogous flexibility to define filtering views to browse our library (beyond the basic artist/album/track) with functions and access to full metadata.

Playlist sync between desktop/mobile

Excited to observe the app progress!

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

I love Foobar2000 for its DSP toolbox: Great and exact tools to customize the sound!

Ok, so here is my list:

A) Channel customization:
    -Reverse channels (L-R)
    -Invert channels (Move stereo to rear ch's)
    -Downmix stereo to mono

B) A good resampler (SoX or similar), ideally with fully customizable sample rate.

I would like to see following features in the android version:

1) Very important: scalable fonts for library and playlist (almost no player on Android supports this)
    Why? => On high resolution displays typically the fonts are to small and therefore not readable by my 50+ eyes.

2) Same flexibilty as on desktop version by title formatting for the items in the library and playlist including stars for rating

3) Playback statistic and sync with desktop version (I have a ident copy of my library from desktop on my phone's 128 GB SD-Card)

4) DSP: EQ and crossfeed [sic!] by Jan Meier (not crossfade)

5) UPnP controller / server would be nice, but not so important

from the desktop: tag editing, playback statistics, smart playlists, DSP, and facets.

additionally:
    synchronize across platforms
    stream over wifi and bluetooth

I would love to see ReplayGain and tag editing on the mobile version as they are the main features I've really missed on my current mobile music player.

The spectrogram would be a nice touch but I wouldn't mind if it was left out.

* ReplayGain (per Track) :-)

* "Library Viewer" Tab (besides other playlist tabs), showing songs in my currently selected directory(in the library=directory tree)

* Default playlist Tab, catching the files opened via file associations (doubleclick in Windows/Intents in Android), thus protecting the other playlists from being overwritten by openend files.

* Search for Songs in my library

* Disabling of all video/album-art/graphic-eq distractions possible

* configurable Columns in playlist/library view

* File Operations :-)

* Stop after Current

Bitrate status bar or viewer would be nice. As I sink further into the Audiophile world/placebo effect, it helps confirms what I think I am hearing opposed to what is actually playing.

-Automatic replaygain scanning/updating of files missing tags in the background.
    -Quick playlist creation on the fly, and ones that actually stick after saving (my winamp mobile playlists are always disappearing lol)
    Last edited by dewaski; June 21st, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Using the Alpha versions for a few months, why can't we actually make playlists on-the-go ?!? Or even make it out of a search result ?
    It reads wells a directory, whether its classification (genre, year, artist, etc.) but we still can't play picked files on various directories.