Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Maybe it is possible to get a feature like "playback to -> 'upnp renderer'".

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

-support for monkey audio .ape
    and
    tak .tak

lossless files

I think you're mistaken. I believe it "plays" those files but it doesn't actually output the music in anything other than 44.1Khz.

Quote Originally Posted by bricon View Post
    My phone's a Samsung 6 Edge with Android 5.1.1 and it certainly plays Hi-Def .flacs through the foobar app - with far better gapless performance than VLC.
    f2K-mobile would be far better again if it supported cue files.

big BUMP here: seems to me the simplest thing with a music player is:

add songs to queue
    quickly and easily swtich btween now playing-->playlist queue

But this app can't do that apparently...really don't understand how that wasn't the first thing built.
    Quote Originally Posted by deathdragonaw View Post
    In my opinion the focus should be on the basic playback features of the desktop application, like:
    • multiple playlists and easy switching
    • queueing multiple songs and returning to the selected playback order
    • replay gain scanning

Well as an iOS user, storage is an issue. Recently I purchased a couple of the Sandisk Ixpand drives, which are great for storing music files, it will even hold 24/96 files and play them back in the Ixpand app, but of course the iPad and iPhone only support 16/44(48) with internal dac. So with the free foobar mobile, I can now stream files from foobar on my pc, and on the iPhone I can use my little thumb drive dac. So my wish list item is the ability to stream hi Rez and dsd files that I could send out to my external dac via the lightning to USB cable. My cyberdrive clarity feather dac supports up to 24/384 and dsd. Also it would be nice to be able to play files from the Ixpand drive through the foobar mobile.

I also support lyrics implementation la Lyrics Show Panel 3.
    Last edited by Anfarm; February 28th, 2017 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Clarified the idea

1. Lyrics show panel 3

2. USB audio support for 5.1 output and a 5.1 upmixer (Configuring usb to midi mode and using HibyMusic app works with my Rosewill rhts-8206, but I prefer to have USB audio support in foobar2000)

3. A button to scroll to Now playing item in media list. It is quite hard to find it when you have thousands of musics in your phone.