Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Sorry if I'm not 100% clear, English is not my first language

1. As said before, a rating and statistics system (%play_count% etc.) that can be "easily" synced with foobar2000 apps on other device (desktop or mobile)
    2. Grouped tracks in the playlist view (under progress according to the Phone Design Functionality Proposal 1 )
    3. Stop after current
    4. bookmarks for playlists

5. Wave seekbar! it's only to show off but it can be "the feature" that make the foobar2000 mobile app different from all the other music player in the app store.

6. Also an easy way to create/edit playlist on the desktop app and to import it in the mobile app

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

My humble request is CUE file support for long DJ mixes

it's a rather unimportant feature, but can we have 'total time played' field?

It would be nice to see the converter in a mobile release. But it's not soo important. ^^

I'm looking forward to more supported video game music sound files via the Game Emu Player plugin.

I really have just one thing that I'm really missing in the default Windows Phone/Windows 8.1 media player, and that is stereo-to-binaural conversion. This, for me, greatly enhances the pleasure of listening to music, and it is something I have installed anywhere I'm able to. And if I interpret the source from the bs2b project correctly, it doesn't really seem to be much in terms of CPU power.

Quote Originally Posted by YuusouAmazing View Post
    I'm looking forward to more supported video game music sound files via the Game Emu Player plugin.
    This has been added, and is in line for the next update, I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xudonax View Post
    I really have just one thing that I'm really missing in the default Windows Phone/Windows 8.1 media player, and that is stereo-to-binaural conversion. This, for me, greatly enhances the pleasure of listening to music, and it is something I have installed anywhere I'm able to. And if I interpret the source from the bs2b project correctly, it doesn't really seem to be much in terms of CPU power.
    Doesn't Windows Phone have built-in Dolby Headphone filtering as of either 8 or 8.1? The option is enabled when you have headphones plugged in.

waveform seekbar (best 3rd party component)
    its cool/futuristic

A waveform seekbar could be implemented, but it would need to be significantly refactored, as I do not want to encumber our code base with all of the requirements of Zao's, such as Boost and CMake.

So pretty much, I'd probably use code similar to his for the calculation of peak waveform data, and possibly use FFT to generate a logarithmic spectrum bitmap at the same time, all in a background thread. With a handy queue of metadb_handles that need to be processed, and designed to immediately abort on shutdown if there are any still not scanned. And still support progressive display of tracks still being scanned. The FFT bitmaps could probably be stored as 8bpp PNGs or even JPEGs to save space in the app cache.

Now look what you made me do, you made me describe something in such detail that I don't really want to actually do it.

Talking Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Last edited by Vizzy; December 3rd, 2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: id love u forever