Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Administrator

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Playlist functionality will be added at a later time.

Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Playlist functionality will be added at a later time.
    Great news, thanks !

I'll just name a few things that I'd like to see in the mobile version, some may already be there though:
    shuffle, repeat, repeat one song, spectrum & spectrogram (you switch between one or the other), plugin compatibility(?), cue sheet editing (automatic one doesn't always work so I'd prefer manual one).

A question which isn't related to the topic here: Is it possible to get foobar on MP3's in the future? I'd like to have it on my Fiio X5 :-)

I wish we could use plugins for reading chiptune files, it's perfect for a phone; the files are so tiny that you can cram hours of chip music in a few kilobytes.

- Desktop Foobar's ability to put the same DSP component multiple times in the DSP chain.
    For example to load two different equalizer presets.

- The Graphic Equalizer by xnor.

I'm a minimalist: on the desktop I run the Vintage theme with no visualisations or album art, just Album List on the left, Playlist(s) on the right.
    All I'm after is
    -replicating the above look and feel - ie able to turn all visualisations and album art etc off, just displaying a couple of simple panes
    -able to generate playlists on the fly (THANK YOU guys: I know its coming, but this is a major!)
    -ability to select "view" filters per the desktop app

Additional 'nice to haves'
    -would like the 'skip silence' DSP but can live without it and
    -support for Monkey's Audio (.ape) files in addition to those already listed

I'm looking to build a simple music server using something like a WiFi equipped micro PC (e.g. Minix Neo X8-H plus or Neo U1 or Zotac ZBOX CI323 NANO-Plus) with a 1Tb SSD drive. Most of these devices run Android. It would be hardwired via S/PDIF through a DAC to the Amp.

Would it be possible to have a feature to sync the collection on one device (the music server, Android OS) with another device (a PC drive (W10) or NAS via LAN or cloud-based back-up source)? The idea here is that a PC/NAS drive can act as a back-up/dump which gets properly indexed, then automatically synced to the Music Server. Sync'ing would include all meta-data, playlists, settings, etc as desired.

At the very least I'd like to see the playback speed plugin added to it, it's nice to be able to play the odd song at a different speed like a turntable set to the wrong speed!

My two biggest things I would like to see ported over to the mobile version:
    1. Cue sheet support - support for external and embedded cue sheets for any file format.
    2. The ability to customise the library to create new "nodes" using title formatting and custom tags.

Metadata Browser (at least) or metadata editor even.