Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

  1. #51

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    Being an audiophile, I'd like to hear the big HQ music files on my phone, such as 24bit/96kbs .flac and SACD (.dsf, .dff, what have you).

  2. #52

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuphCud View Post
    Being an audiophile, I'd like to hear the big HQ music files on my phone, such as 24bit/96kbs .flac and SACD (.dsf, .dff, what have you).
    I play 24/96 and 24/192 .flac files on my Andriod phone with the foobar2K mobile app.
    I don't know about the other HD formats.

    If your phone is of the "fruit" variety it is highly unlikely that you will be able to play HD files on it.

  3. #53

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    Quote Originally Posted by bricon View Post
    I play 24/96 and 24/192 .flac files on my Andriod phone with the foobar2K mobile app.
    I don't know about the other HD formats.

    If your phone is of the "fruit" variety it is highly unlikely that you will be able to play HD files on it.
    I have an old phone with Android 4.0.3. I also use VLC player and the standard built-in audio player. They do play higher quality .flac files, whereas foobar2000 doesn't.

  4. #54

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZuphCud View Post
    I have an old phone with Android 4.0.3. I also use VLC player and the standard built-in audio player. They do play higher quality .flac files, whereas foobar2000 doesn't.
    My phone's a Samsung 6 Edge with Android 5.1.1 and it certainly plays Hi-Def .flacs through the foobar app - with far better gapless performance than VLC.
    f2K-mobile would be far better again if it supported cue files.

  5. #55

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    Quote Originally Posted by bricon View Post
    My phone's a Samsung 6 Edge with Android 5.1.1 and it certainly plays Hi-Def .flacs through the foobar app - with far better gapless performance than VLC.
    f2K-mobile would be far better again if it supported cue files.
    So it's my phone. Fair enough.

    Still I'd like fb2km to support SACD file types. The PC version has a plugin for that.

  6. #56

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    You may be able to get uncompressed SACD file types playing, but compressed will not be playable. With the reference DST compression code, the decompression pretty much maxes out four cores of your desktop processor just playing one file. Forget about playing it on a dinky ARM processor.

  7. #57

    Lightbulb Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    In my opinion the focus should be on the basic playback features of the desktop application, like:
    • multiple playlists and easy switching
    • queueing multiple songs and returning to the selected playback order
    • replay gain scanning

  8. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    I would like support for custom sort rules <3.


    Thanks…

  9. #59

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    It would be nice to select the output audio device for systems that have more than one device.

  10. #60

    Re: What features from the desktop version would you like to see make the transition?

    From the desktop, and for my use case of foobar2000 :

    - Grouping by custom group
    - Sorting by custom order
    - The standard "Add from file/folder" without requering a Media library that scan some folder + "Remove duplicate file".

    (1) and (2) is simple for me: I'm made a whole format to group and sort, so that my music is sorted:
    - game OST first, with serie, serie_order (order of game in the serie, like FF III is before FF IV), game, ... etc.
    - album artist, then album, then disc number (and disctitle), etc...

    (3) is another problem I have with Android: I don't want my player to scan my whole SD card. I don't do that on Windows, because I don't add music every day and I don't think people do it so often.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •