Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: External Storage not recognized

External Storage not recognized

Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with foobar and storages. It is kind of strange.

When the SD card is mounted, it will recognize it as internal storage and will not show the internal storage. When unmounted, the internal storage is recognized again.

This was not an issue because all my music was on the SD card, but I added some files to the internal storage and this behavior started.

The problem is with Android 5.1 on a Alcatel Pixi 3 (4.5)

I also use foobar on a Lenovo tablet, and it shows both internal and external storage.

Here are 2 screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-08-27-19-41-42.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-27-19-54-03.jpg

any details I should add, let me know.

thanks in advance

aa

Re: External Storage not recognized

Quote Originally Posted by aaaluv View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am having trouble with foobar and storages. It is kind of strange.

When the SD card is mounted, it will recognize it as internal storage and will not show the internal storage. When unmounted, the internal storage is recognized again.

This was not an issue because all my music was on the SD card, but I added some files to the internal storage and this behavior started.

The problem is with Android 5.1 on a Alcatel Pixi 3 (4.5)

I also use foobar on a Lenovo tablet, and it shows both internal and external storage.

Here are 2 screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-08-27-19-41-42.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-27-19-54-03.jpg

any details I should add, let me know.

thanks in advance

aa
    I have installed foobar2000 mobile on Sony Xperia SP which runs on android gelly bean. But Foobar2000 is not detecting/ showing my external sdcard card. It shows only internal storage. Can anybody help?

I'm currently having the same issue with my car stereo which is running android 4.4, annoyingly it was working fine until I took it out to hook up the sub then since then it will only see internal storage. Any ideas?

Similar issue here - Foobar can't see my external storage at all

not only that it can't see external storage, it can't even be set as default application for music files, which pretty much stops all ways to fix this without having to use a third party tool.
    for instance any file explorer can easily see my usb-c stick and launch audio from it. but not foobar2000, i'm running nexus 6p with the latest nougat android version, i mean realy?
    it would be realy great if that support would be added, either see external storage or make it open audio as default application, vlc can do it on my droid! should be doable ey? i hope for it...

Same here on my Samsung i9000, Cyanogen 10.2.1 (Android 4.3.1). Does not find external storage automically nor by adding a path manually.

Administrator

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

As far as I can see, Android lacks a sane way for apps to detect mounted storage devices. We're using code donated by another developer and it seems to cover perhaps 95% of known devices, but not all of them.
    With the latest version of foobar2000 for Android, folder browser lets you walk into any folder again in case your storage devices are not detected correctly.

Same problem with my Lenovo Vibe P1m. Is there any way this can be fixed with the next update?

Screenshot_2016-10-30-13-47-25.jpg

Screenshot_2016-10-30-13-47-36.jpg
    Last edited by ivan; October 30th, 2016 at 07:52 AM.

I had similar problems after having updated my external SD card vie USB mass storage emulation. After that my music library seemed empty. What had helped was ususual: Not the "rescan" in fb2k, but using the file manager, navigating to one music folder, opening one file with any application. Then fb2k started to populate the music library. First I had no cover arts, but that was displayed hours later, too ;-)

I had a similar issue (Android; 1.0.51). My fix was to enter "/storage" in the field at Settings > Media Library > Music folders.

A bug appears to be that all folders will be scanned and folders with a .nomedia token file or with a file name starting with "." (hidden) is not ignored as it should.