Thread: how to show FB2k notifications on Android lockscreen?

how to show FB2k notifications on Android lockscreen?

First, I'm really happy with the Android version of foobar2000. It does what I want better than other players I've tried. I'd be happy to pay for it.

However, I can't figure out how to operate the player from the lockscreen, or even display a now-playing notification. (It's possible that operating the player from the lockscreen, and displaying notification from the lockscreen, are the same issue. I'm new to Android.)

Android gives me two lockscreen notification options for foobar2000 - "hide sensitive notification content" or "don't show notifications at all." I want notifications so I choose the former.
    But while album art is displayed on the lockscreen, associated text notification is hidden. See attached screenshots.

I'm guessing this means that foobar2000 notifications are somehow classified as "sensitive content", either by the app or by some AI protocol within Android.

Am I missing something, or is this the current design status of foobar2000 for Android?

Thanks.

Screenshot_20160901-230659+.jpgScreenshot_20160901-230946+.jpg

Re: how to show FB2k notifications on Android lockscreen?

The "hide sensitive notification content" option assumes all content is sensitive, and simply shows that there is a notification. What you want to do is select neither of the options, as the default behaviour is to show notifications.