Thread: not indexing iOS 9.3.5

not indexing iOS 9.3.5

After updating to last version, foobar doesn't index music no more. I checked cache in settings, but it stuck at 20-30 files.

device: iPod Touch 128gb, ~90gb of music (mp3, m4a), worked fine before update to 1.0.37

from console:

Monitoring: iPod Library
    Startup time : 0:00.187508
    Media library: scan beginning
    Device: iPod touch / iPhone OS 9.3.5
    Screen: 320x568, scale: 2.000000
    No last browse view session path set.
    Image cache: 0 files, 0 B

..then nothing happens for hours..

tried to erase all music data from device, to delete/reinstall the app

dont want to update iOS, because don't like it now

Re: not indexing iOS 9.3.5

I'm experiencing the same problem. I updated my ipod touch to iOS 9.3.5 and am running foobar2000 v1.0.41 and all it does is index forever. It can't seem to access the itunes library, never finding any files. I can't go back to an earlier version of iOS. So is anything being done about this on the foobar2000 app side?

My music was working fine on 9.3.3 until i added a new album a few days ago, and now it cannot find any music:
    and never completes.
    I've tried removing app, inc removing app data, and reinstalling, but no improvement.
    Also just tried today's update v1.0.43, also no joy.

Administrator

Thanks for reporting.

Confirmed on my iPad 2. Fix coming up. It takes about one day for new versions to propagate, so expect 1.0.45 / 1.0.46 tomorrow.

Only devices running iOS 9.3.x are affected.

Administrator

Well it looks like Apple doesn't approve new versions over the weekend. Expect new version on Monday, sorry about the delay, there's nothing that I can do now.

Many thanks, I'm now back in business.

Just a thought...
    when my music stopped working, until i remembered you had a support forum, i almost gave a lower star review.
    How about having an option in the app main menu called 'Support forum' or 'Bug reporting'.

Administrator

Request noted. I'm in the process of setting up a help system similar to the one present in desktop foobar2000, I'll put references to this forum.