Thread: foobar2000 - iOS 8 bugs and feedback

foobar2000 - iOS 8 bugs and feedback

iOS 8, iPhone 5s

Bugs:

1) Non-square album art displays album art from the previous track in empty space instead of black.

2) Songs with no album tag and no album art don't display the defaultart image. A random album art is picked and always used for songs with no album/art.

these two are bugs for the skin designer i guess:

3) The [remaining] tag in skin designer only refreshes after leaving the now playing screen and returning. Not per-second like the [current position] tag does.

4a) The [volume] marker image "falls off" the left side of the volume slider lol (it disappears at its left-most position). User can get it back if he taps along the slider.

User experience feedback:

5) User keeps accidentally swiping out of the now playing screen. Maybe make the swipe gesture optional, or make an animation so the user can correct mis-swipes.

6) In the list views when track number column increases from 1s to 10s to 100s, titles are not flush with each other (like they would be with track numbers that have padded zeros).

Administrator

Re: foobar2000 - iOS 8 bugs and feedback

Thanks for your feedback.

Are issues 1) and 2) specific to some skin? =
    I seem to be unable to reproduce them.

Are you using iTunes library tracks, or tracks uploaded to foobar2000's documents folder?

Re: foobar2000 - iOS 8 bugs and feedback

Hi thanks for looking into it. I found I was able to get around 1) by layering a black square under the albumart in my skin. (I based mine off gr0m's apple skins), but found another albumart bug with mainmirrored: Whereas the main album art will keep it's aspect ratio if it's non-square, the mirrored version is always stretched to square dimensions. As for 2), I believe it was fixed by switching from itunes to using the documents folder as I am no longer having that problem. Yet all tracks with no album tag still appear under the same album, "unknown album" (in album view), and aren't grouped by artist in that view. (not the worst thing that could happen) image.jpg