title

Thread: Music Access from Microsoft OneDrive / Windows Phone 8.1

Music Access from Microsoft OneDrive / Windows Phone 8.1

Put me in the hat for any Windows Phone testing. tkx

Re: Music Access from Microsoft OneDrive / Windows Phone 8.1

Same here. Would be a pleasure. Great work on foobar2000; I have it on four machines, including win7 and win8.1

I would also like to echo that the WP app should be developed as 8.1 only; support for 8.0 will only hurt the app, make development arduous and will be shortly outdated.

SD card access is arbitrary and very restrictive in 8.0, and 8.1 brings a lot of new features that give you more breathing room for implementing functionality.

If you aren't familiar with the "developer preview" program for WP, it's
    a) Free for everyone to grab, not just developers
    b) Not a true "developer preview". That implies that the APIs are there and can be tested but the end user side is unpolished. What we actually have is more like a release candidate.
    c) The inaccurate naming and requirement a user mark himself as a "developer" is just a way to circumvent legalese/carrier restrictions and give the consumer a way to update their phones without waiting an extra year for, say, AT&T's approval and update rollout process. The last update for WP7 (WP7.8) is applicable to all WP7 devices, for example, but AT&T has never actually rolled it out to their devices (or at least, they selectively rolled it out). MS is providing users with an alternate means to update now.
    d) More than a few million users have opted into this "preview" so it is not small in scale
    e) All new WP phones are shipping with it already.
    Last edited by Aelius; June 14th, 2014 at 03:59 PM.

I second the idea that the WP app should be developed for WP 8.1. The roll out of that update starts today. Have a look at http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...ftware-update/ to see how widespread it is.

I'd like to revive this thread. I run foobar2000 mobile 1.0.55 as a UWP on all my Windows 10 devices (including two Lumias). I'd love to get OneDrive streaming support - much like Groove can stream from OneDrive. But Groove doesn't play Vorbis or Opus files, nor does it seem to support replaygain. In fact, I'd gladly pay for OneDrive streaming support! :-)