Thread: The now-playing screen swipe gesture

The now-playing screen swipe gesture

iOS 8.3, foobar2000 1.0.43

It'd be great if the now-playing screen's swipe gesture was only on the left and right edges instead of "everywhere". For those of us who are used to swiping the playback marker rather than tapping it, tons of accidental misswipes are occurring. Same goes for those of us who've built skins including a volume slider. I'd be nice to be able to slide it without worrying about accidentally swiping out of the screen.

Side note--on the mobile usage tips sticky it's mentioned that the android version's swipe gesture is the same as iOS 8 and up, except less "pretty". For me on iOS 8.3, it is not pretty--is there supposed to be an animation?

Re: The now-playing screen swipe gesture

It is using the flipHorizontal transition effect, which should flip the whole screen in a rotation effect. If it is not, it is a bug in your version of iOS. Have you tried updating to 8.4.1?

It should look like this:

https://f.losno.co/foobar_flip.mp4
    Last edited by kode54; October 17th, 2016 at 07:23 PM.

Re: The now-playing screen swipe gesture

Quote Originally Posted by kode54 View Post
    It is using the flipHorizontal transition effect, which should flip the whole screen in a rotation effect. If it is not, it is a bug in your version of iOS. Have you tried updating to 8.4.1?

It should look like this:

https://f.losno.co/foobar_flip.mp4
    Oh I see.
    No. Updating on iOS is tricky because you can only update to the latest version (which for now is 10.0.2), and I don't want to do that for two reasons: 1) Apple is known for making newer firmwares run slowly on old devices and 2) I'll lose my jailbreak.
    So is there any plan to make the gesture optional and/or customizable?