Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happens if the Kickstarter campaign fails?

Re: What happens if the Kickstarter campaign fails?

I too randomly came to the site looking for a Foobar2000 update only to find the banner telling about this fundraiser, hopefully the funds get raised there is along way to go in eight days.

Also only saw it on the fb2k site today when downloading for a new PC. Glad to contribute since I'm happy with fb2k for years now, but I guess that many people are like me and would immediately chip in if they only knew about it...

Yup, only found it due to installing foobar on a new 'puter. Just 5 days to go? My first thought was to extend the fund-raiser since it's private and make a bigger push on social media. For starters a social sharing button?

This is an opportunity to A) introduce more people to foobar and B) fund the mobile expansion and C) - WISHLIST, foobar on unix! That's the biggest thing I miss on linux/unix aside the adobe software.

Quote Originally Posted by obazavil View Post
    if i didn't came to download foobar. i won't know it is raising cash for this project.

I think more promotion is needed, I like the idea and is sad to see is short from the goal.
    Same here. I'd Love to see this happen! Hope $80 helps!

Hi,

Just wanted to say I appreciate everything the developing team for Foobar is doing. Thus why I pledged the money.

I hope the app won't have any ads and it will be just as clean as the Foobar2000 program we all have grown to love and know.

Using multiple operating systems, I have always missed having Foobar2000 natively being supported in Mac OSX and Linux. However, It's my main go to for Windows based media systems. Seriously MacOSX peeps need some help as that iTunes crap is too bloaty.

I'd personally be OK if the $50 I pledged for the mobile app went to further Foobar2000 development if the initiative fails for the mobile app. However, like most... I don't even want to go there and think of it failing.

Viva Foobar2000, and the development staff!

There are 4 days left and it doesn't seem that the funding has slowed down in relation to the first three month: even without considering the one big skin designer funding it seems that the fundings increased a little bit and are over the average of the 3 months.

I would advocate to continue funding for further 1 or 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by q-stankovic View Post
    There are 4 days left and it doesn't seem that the funding has slowed down in relation to the first three month: even without considering the one big skin designer funding it seems that the fundings increased a little bit and are over the average of the 3 months.

I would advocate to continue funding for further 1 or 2 months.
    It has already been extended a time or two now at the least, don't see why they would not do it again with the light of dBpoweramp matching 1:1 peoples funding.

Did anyone else notice that the website now says that over $80,000 has been pledged? Is this including dBpoweramp's promise to match our funding, or is that only what we've paid already?

Since development begins in about a week and a half, and fundraising will be open until development is complete, I think it should be super easy to pass the $100,000 goal. If the $80k doesn't include the promise from dBpoweramp, then they've already passed that, so we might be getting all of the features they originally planned on as well as some of our own suggestions (if that's the case).

Relagen, the current count is including the dbPoweramp donation matching.

Red face Re: What happens if the Kickstarter campaign fails?

Quote Originally Posted by NickHark View Post
    "I, for one, use F2k daily"
    "I am happy to contribute to the development and maintenance of F2k!
    "
    Same here I use it every day ever since I discovered it years ago during the v0.9.4.5 pre days... and Kode54's Videogame music plugins I have been able to enjoy all of the game music that has a special place in my heart ;^_^;

I donated $50, for Supporter status..
    When I have the $$$ I will $900 package, I LOVE Foobar2000 that much ;;^_^;;

Foobar200 is amazing, the installer is AMAZING its a one-click update ^_^.
    the program is light weight and runs super fast ^_^