Thread: Better promoting on the project site

Better promoting on the project site

I had the idea to contact the responsible persons on several windows phone blogs (Wpcentral.com, wparea.de, ...) and ask them if they are willing to report on the project and its fundraiser. I didn't do that so far, because on the project site is mentioned no feature of the apps that could promote the project. The best promoting would be to mention there shortly that mobile foobar2000 is aiming to support a wide range of file types, if it is aiming that at all (i assume so). Exactly that feature is going to raise excitement, because to me as windows phone 8 user since 1,5 years it seems that in contrary to android there is no app so far that is able to play formats like ogg, flac, ape, mpc and such.

Re: Better promoting on the project site

Sorry that i have been the idiot who hasn't read that: "The initial design brief is to stay true to foobar2000's current ethos, pure playback, with advanced features pioneered by foobar many years ago such as bit perfect playback, replaygain and gapless playback." That are very exciting points for a windows phone! Could you add in that sentence what file types are going to be supported probably?

Administrator

Many formats will require researching to see if they can be ported to an ARM platform, such as APE.

But there will be a certain minimum of file types that are portable more easily? You could list just that formats that will be supported for sure and without greater research. Something should be mentioned in the sentence i've quoted in my latter post.

Regarding the topic: would it be possible to reach the devs of some foobar2k-related apps and ask them to maybe put a link to the fundraiser page in the description of their apps? It's the place where people search for fb2k on their phones so maybe...

Google play store:
    foobar2000 controller - Android-Apps auf Google Play
    FooMote - Foobar Remote LITE - Android-Apps auf Google Play
    FooBar 2000 Remote Control - Android-Apps auf Google Play
    FoobarCon - Android-Apps auf Google Play
    foodroid - Android-Apps auf Google Play

AppStore:
    MonkeyMote 4 foobar2000 Lite on the App Store on iTunes (only thing I found...)

@blackeve great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Many formats will require researching to see if they can be ported to an ARM platform, such as APE.
    I'd look into Rockbox for that. They play APE files with the lowest compression settings, on ARM CPUs with much less computing power than current smartphone CPUs.

Hello, I've been using foobar for a long long time but just realized about this project and by coincidence, I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people who will like to help but they just don't know, can a broadcast message be sent to foobar users? maybe the same way the program checks for its updates to receive this extra message; or an alert/message on hydrogenaudio or private music trackers, i don't know just throwing some ideas.
    I'll do my part by spreading the voice on private music blogs,
    Thanks again and good luck.