Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Development progress report

Administrator

Development progress report

Hello and thanks to everyone who has contributed so far.

We're sorry that we did not meet the intended goal. We wish to do the project anyway. We'll have to do with whatever resources we have and cut on the stuff that costs us most to run. For now we keep the fundraiser running - hopefully we'll get closer to the original plan this way.

During the original fundraiser period, I took the liberty of preparing original foobar2000 codebase for porting to other platforms - in particular, migrating media library & playlists storage to SQLite instead of FPL files.
    This should deal with:
    - file rewrites on app close - undesired with flash storage on mobile devices
    - being prone to configuration corruption - a consequence of the former
    - search performance on slow CPUs - old foobar2000 for Windows uses no search indexes at all, the new one will correct this

These changes are currently implemented & tested under Windows, but they're explicitly incompatible with the foobar2000 v0.x/v1.x plug-in architecture and will become a part of foobar2000 mobile.

Alpha versions will be made available once they're ready-enough for consumption. Stay tuned for further updates.

Re: Development progress report

Hi Peter,

Will physical backer rewards (such as the headphones) still be shipped at some point?

Appreciate the work you are doing despite the failed fundraising attempt.

Administrator

Yes, the headphones were due to ship 60 days after the close of the fundraising, we can still keep to this date.

Wish you the best luck with this project! Hope to read some more news on the development soon

Hi, wish you to have a project done. If you need any help in designing user interface, graphic designer/FE developer (me ) is ready to help.
    Alex

Good luck with this gr8 project.

My Samsung Gaxlaxy S5 is waiting 4 the 1st Android Alpha 2 show up.

So how is this project coming?

I use Foobar2000 every day ever since I discovered it years ago during the v0.9.4.5 pre days... and Kode54's Videogame music plugins I have been able to enjoy all of the game music that has a special place in my heart ;^_^;

I donated $50, for Supporter status..
    When I have the $$$ I will $900 package, I LOVE Foobar2000 that much ;D ;;^_^;;

Foobar200 is amazing, the installer is AMAZING its a one-click update ^_^.
    the program is light weight and runs super fast ^_^

Prime Mover *6 reporting in.

I, for one, welcome our new SQLite overlords.

Administrator

Yes we are all database heads now, it is ironic as 10 years ago I could not stand databases, and vowed never to touch them, now everything seems to be based centrally around them...