Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chromecast support

Chromecast support

I'd like to see support for Chromecast. Casting from your phone's music or maybe from your PC's music.

Thanks.

Re: Chromecast support

Quote Originally Posted by Ava Pug View Post
    I'd like to see support for Chromecast.
    +1

Would be nice; both on iOS and Android (I use one and my wife the other lol)

+1. This would be great!

+1 absolutely. The code to implement Chromecasting is rather simple, and especially now with the release of the Chromecast Audio, it's more relevant than ever.

Yes, would be great, but you all probably mean the new Chromecast Audio?

Quote Originally Posted by q-stankovic View Post
    Yes, would be great, but you all probably mean the new Chromecast Audio?
    Audio can be cast to the video Chromecast just fine, which is handy since a lot of people have their best sound system hooked up to their TV/receiver. Apps like Google Play Music will display album art or visualizations on the TV when casting.

Another possible use case is when using a an older or spare Chromecast with an HDMI audio extractor as a poor man's Chromecast Audio, which works great BTW.

Either way, if Chromecast is enabled in Foobar Mobile, it will work on both kinds of Chromecast, unless the developers specifically set a flag that it's a video stream, in which case it will not cast to the Chromecast Audio.

I'm interested in a Chromecast Audio, but I read that it doesn't support gapless. Can anyone confirm? It would be awesome if foobar could overcome this limitation.

Yes, Chromecast Audio support will be great, but it will be best if there is an option to stream the decoded and processed audio stream to the Chromecast to utilize the DSP plugins!

Chrome cast is the thing set this audio player apart from so many others.

Definitely must have. 1+

+1 for this. Especially now with Chromecast Audio.