Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chromecast support

Re: Chromecast support

+1

+1

I need this in my life. I was surprised to find no one has created a plugin for this yet. Chromecast audio is the best thing to happen to my Home audio systems for a long time.

Please Foobar devs!

For me it works! On my Moto G I can tap on the "cast" icon in the quicksettings and music is streamed to my chromecast audio.

Quote Originally Posted by harto69 View Post
    For me it works! On my Moto G I can tap on the "cast" icon in the quicksettings and music is streamed to my chromecast audio.
    Silly me, I didnt realize I was in the mobile forums when I replied before. But I want to let you know that quicksettings tile is not available to many users, AND this is using the system level transcoder, meaning your audio is being converted before streaming. The big draw of Chromecast Audio devices, and of Foobar, is that they botch are supposed to support the original quality audio, but this wont work unless foobar app adds the feature directly rather than requiring you to use the system toggle.

@WACOMalt, I assume you are on Android? On my iOS device, I don't see the Chromecast support. Would be a really great addition.
    Is this feasible? I'm really curious

Just a little bump... is this something that could be implemented?

+1

Would really like to see chromecast support in FB2KM.