Thread: Static noise on UPnP Servers

Static noise on UPnP Servers

I really like this software and I am using only Foobar on my PC. but on my Android Player when I play music from my server Mini DNLA i can ear some type of static noise I tried some competitive player on the same device and definitely I do not get those nose.

Re: Static noise on UPnP Servers

Quote Originally Posted by foulsodiimo View Post
    I really like this software and I am using only Foobar on my PC. but on my Android Player when I play music from my server Mini DNLA i can ear some type of static noise I tried some competitive player on the same device and definitely I do not get those nose.
    I have a same issue and can reduce this static noise by using the option, "Use read-ahead for playing file over network" in "Advanced" tools. But if you turn on this option, it is impossible to connect stream service.
    Hope Peter can fix this issue ASAP also!!!

Administrator

Re: Static noise on UPnP Servers

It sounds like a network bandwidth issue, we're not getting the data fast enough over your network to play it. Unfortunately these things happen. Stating what exact device, UPnP server and router you have might help us troubleshoot this.
    Also please clarify what exact stream service you're unable to connect to with the read-ahead enabled.