title

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Development blog

Administrator

Re: Development blog

Version 1.0.88 has been made available to Android beta testers.
    Changes:
    • Fixed internet radio track titles not working regression
    • Fixed various crash bugs reported thru Google Play, thanks to everyone who did submit diagnostic data

Administrator

1.0.88 for all platforms will be landing on your devices shortly.

Windows version fixes a whole lot of bugs in particular, and adds a few new features (better system file picker integration).

Administrator

1.0.88 for Android is in full rollout - anybody checking for updates will get it now.

Special thanks to everybody who contributed crash telemetry. I can already see that all recurring crashbugs from the previous versions are gone. The 1.0.88 crash report list is still blank after 28K installs - now that's a pretty sight I've been long waiting for. I'll do my best to keep it this way from now on, future updates that add new features will undergo a longer beta process.

Administrator

1.0.89 for Android in beta.
    1.0.89 for Windows update submission in progress.

Windows 10 seekbar stutter is fixed.
    A quite nasty bug in media library has been fixed - it would result in unnecessary file info reads when just checking for changed files on some configurations. This mainly affected Windows Phone and Android with SAF/modern-folder-picker folders in library. iOS port is not affected. Media Library indexing on affected configurations will be now much faster.
    Additionally, some media library indexing operations now run in multiple threads, which gives a nice speed boost on folders that were slow to index before (mainly Android SAF).

Android SAF/modern-file-picker situation still sucks, but it will get slightly less horrible now.

Administrator

1.0.90 for Android in beta ( stable channel still on 1.0.88 )

Changes:
    • Various visual glitches fixed
    • Fixed various rare crash bugs
    • Fixed missing tap+hold context menu on album headers

Administrator

1.0.92 in beta for iOS and Android.

Changes:
    • All: Fixed buggy behavior after reordering playlist items.
    • Android: Prettier no-song notification

I've started work on a major 1.1 update with new features, including:
    • Drag-reordering on Android
    • Better Android O integration
    • Equalizer

However, I'm afraid that it's time to say goodbye to Android older than 4.0 and Windows Phone 8.1. I do not plan to make foobar2000 mobile 1.1 series available for these platforms. It's probably better for the few people still using them this way - you will stick with stable and safe versions instead of receiving updates that were not tested properly on your specific device type.
    I'm not entirely discontinuing support for these platforms, but any upcoming updates for them will be bug fixes of the foobar2000 mobile 1.0.x series.

Administrator

I've just created a section of the official site with standalone Android APK downloads:
    https://www.foobar2000.org/apk

Administrator

1.0.93 in beta for iOS and Android.

Fixed media library regression from 1.0.89, causing - guess what - unnecessary file access which was supposed to get fixed.

iOS non-beta is still at 1.0.88 so not even affected by this.

Windows specific issues are being investigated.

Administrator

Another day, another build.

1.0.94 is being rolled out for all platforms, addressing high Media Library CPU usage bug.

Note that only beta testers get all these daily builds. Public update happens when a build has been in beta for a few days without apparent serious issues.

A special announcement
    foobar2000 mobile Android beta access is now open for everybody.
    If you wish to start receive bleeding edge builds, just sign up here - https://foobar2000.com/test-android
    You can opt out any time if a beta version is giving you trouble.
    Enjoy.

Administrator

Windows Phone 8.1 status update
    I realize that complaining about Windows Phone 8.1 issues like barking up a dead tree, but:
    I just found out how Windows Store is distributing old and broken 1.0.85 to Windows Phone 8.1 users. This is extra bad, 1.0.85 was not sufficiently tested by me prior to publishing, shipped with major regressions and was pulled from the store by me next day after it went live.
    I posted multiple updates after that. And then posted 1.0.94 yesterday. They say 1.0.94 package is being distributed, but that's not what they actually do.
    It would appear that Windows Phone 8.1 port is dead - I have latest & greatest code compiling for it but I cannot distribute it because the store does not work. Sucks because I was hoping end support for this platform leaving a stable and bug-free build for those using it.
    This is not the first time they reject a build for idiotic reasons without me noticing - only this time they also lie about it and claim that the new one is live.

To summarize-
    Installing foobar2000 mobile from Windows Phone Store may give you package that is outdated and broken. A newer build exists but cannot be published properly for reasons unknown.

EDIT
    Not everyone gets the old version apparently according to other users. Also, right now one of my devices gets the broken package while another gets the correct one, so there's hope yet.
    Either way, Windows Mobile (both 8.1 and 10) development is an endless time sink, the toolchain and store website are bad even by Android standards, and the platform has even less users even than iOS.
    Last edited by Peter; September 10th, 2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: rant amended + info about 1.0.85 bugs