title

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Development blog

Administrator

Re: Development blog

Today's lesson: if you forget to merge changes over between different branches of the same app, you're going to be fixing the same bugs over and over.

1.0.57/1.0.58 for iOS in processing - fixed mono AAC playback once again, as well as high sample rate ALAC & AAC.

Administrator

Well it looks like iOS beta 60 day interval expired, so I'm pushing a new beta today.

1.0.60 introduces FTP client feature; works similarly to UPnP media server browsing, except it works with FTP servers.
    You can add FTP servers for foobar2000 to index under 'media servers' settings, by typing ftp:// URLs.

Administrator

Version 1.0.61/1.0.62 for all platforms is being published and will appear on your devices shortly.

Changes since 1.0.60:
    • [All] Greatly improved FTP browsing performance over 1.0.60
    • [All] More reliable remembering of scroll position across various views
    • [All] Folder browsing: different message when the folder is empty vs the folder contains invisible files
    • [All] New supported formats: TAK [FFmpeg], APE [FFmpeg], WMA [Media Foundation & FFmpeg]
    • [All] Updated FFmpeg to 3.2.4
    • [All] FTP browser treats "@recycle" etc as hidden
    • [All] Fixed folder browsing losing now-playing track status when leaving & reentering a folder.
    • [All] Decoding speed test page tweaks
    • [iOS] Fixed a bug causing certain folder pictures not to load
    • [iOS] Disabled autocorrect for various edit boxes such as "play location" URL
    • [iOS] FFmpeg now used for AAC + MP3
    • [Android] Fixed generic progress dialog bugs - affecting mainly decoding speed tester
    • [Android] Now compiled with latest R14 NDK
    • [Windows] Fixed album grid view glitches

Administrator

Well, the Windows Store submission got stalled by nonsensical certification errors - certain functions that do work on actual device and were allowed before are no longer allowed. It's now coming thru though.

In other news, Windows Phone 8.1 support has been brought back.

Administrator

I just noticed that current Android build won't run on my "low anchor device", Samsung Galaxy Ace running Android 2.3.7. If you have such old device, stick with old version. I'll see what I can do about making it work again with the next update.

I think the problem is CPU compatibility with pre-ARMv7 rather than old Android version.

Administrator

FTP server incompatibility found-
    Certain clients - ForkLift3 in particular - do not work with our FTP server with a blank password. This has been fixed on our end for the next update.
    If you you are having trouble using foobar2000's FTP server feature, try setting a non-empty password.

Administrator

Android-only update today, 1.0.63/1.0.64.

• Fixed above-mentioned FTP server incompatibility.
    • Folders containing .nomedia files are now excluded from indexing.
    • Fixed incompatibility with certain very old devices (1.0.61 regression).
    • Fixed some cosmetic glitches
    • Fixed first run glitches, "foobar2000 music folder" is now created reliably on first run.
    • Smaller distribution size, you only get binaries relevant to your device instead of all binaries packed into one APK.

Administrator

Good news for Android users, the Android port is getting the attention it needed so badly.

The next update will address file access permissions issues on Android 6 and newer - you will just point foobar2000 at your music folder using standard system folder picker panel, without having to specifically manipulate app permissions. This will also address writing (FTP server) permissions.

Administrator

AT LAST the biiiig Android update - 1.0.66 is being rolled out to beta testers.

Changes:
    • Support for reading and writing of all external storage types. You may need to remove a library folder and add it back to gain write access.
    • Adding folders now uses standard system folder picker where available.
    • Fixed various image resizing quality issues.
    • Much improved swiping between browse and playback.
    • Fixed crash on skin change on Android 2.x
    • Skin picker now uses system file picker dialog if available
    • Library folders now have on/off switches to toggle indexing - you can have certain folder appear in browse tree (and FTP server) without indexing files inside.
    • FTP client (downloader) and FTP server fixes.

I must say that I always favored the iOS port and I still do as far as the general quality of development tools goes - but for you guys, the Android port is as good as the iOS now.

Administrator

1.0.67 / 1.0.68 will be posted for all platforms today (give one day before Apple approves it, everyone else should get it today already).

Changes over 1.0.66:
    • Android: Prevented FTP server shutdown on screen orientation change.
    • Android: Edit box behavior tweaks, prevented autocorrect when entering media server URLs and such
    • Android: Improved compatibility with lockscreen and remote control events on Android 5 and newer.
    • All: Worked around TAK format seeking glitches in FFmpeg
    • All: Fixed missing metadata when making playlists with tracks not indexed by the Media Library.
    • All: Fixed stall when trying to back out of loading a large list of UPnP items
    • All: Improved UPnP compatibility with servers giving wrong content-type for M4A files (Universal Media Server).
    • Windows: Fixed various crashes
    • Windows: Image management tweaks
    • Windows: Prevented loss of folder access permissions if the same folder is added more than once (both music and playlists) then removed once.