Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Development blog

Administrator

Re: Development blog

1.0.37 / 1.0.38 for iOS are being posted.

iOS 10 first run experience has been fixed; music library is indexed as soon as the user approves the prompt.

Other fixes are mostly behind-the-scenes stuff merged from latest foobar2000 desktop.

Other than that, I'm very sad to announce that iOS versions prior to 8 are no longer supported in the current build of foobar2000 mobile - I have to use latest Xcode to legitimately interact with new iOS 10 features, and it no longer supports targetting iOS versions older than 8.

Affected devices are: iPod Touch 4gen, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4.

However, as far as I am aware of, the App Store will still let you install the last version of the app that does support your OS, so you can still get 1.0.33 - there was nothing criminally broken in that version as far as I know. If an urgent fix is needed, I'll look into making a separate submission - without iOS 10 specific features - built with old Xcode.

Administrator

Well, it's been awfully quiet lately so it's time for some good news.

Update for all platforms (1.0.39/1.0.40) is going up. Playlist manipulation features are included, as well as lots of fixes.

You can either build playlists directly in foobar2000 mobile, or upload externally-made m3u files to your device and point foobar2000 at the folder you put them in.

iOS and Android versions should be arriving shortly.

Windows version will be slightly delayed as I'm having trouble with getting debugging working on my Lumias again.... *sigh*

Administrator

Murphy's law at its best - last minute edit before 1.0.40 went wrong without me noticing. Hotfix going up.

Administrator

This week's update - 1.0.44 - is being rolled out. Windows version included.

First the good news:
    Many playlist manipulation bugs have been fixed. On iOS, reordering playlist items as well as DSPs now works properly.

Now, the bad news:
    Our current Windows codebase requires Windows 10 1607. Supporting older Windows 10 is out of the question. Windows Phone 8.1 version may be updated again when things stabilize.
    Please note that if you run one of the affected Windows versions, you can still get the newest old foobar2000 version that supports your OS from the Windows Store.

Administrator
    1.0.47 / 1.0.48 for all platforms going up.

Changes:
    • Android: "Play location" now hides soft keyboard on dismiss
    • Android: Added OpenSL ES output mode, opt-in via advanced settings
    • All: Added website / forum / support links to the about page
    • iOS: Fixed mono AAC files not playing
    • iOS: Fixed high sample rate ALAC files not playing
    • iOS: Fixed certain MP3 files (ones not gapless to begin with) having extra silence inserted at the end
    • All: Fixed user interface lockup when attempting to play UPnP or internet radio from an unresponsive server
    • All: Fixed certain Ogg files with strangely formatted tags being unreadable
    • Android, Windows: Fixed missing context menu for search results
    • Windows: Fixed potential crash on browse

Administrator

Today, I'm proud to announce a new feature that will greatly simplify the process of transferring music to foobar2000 mobile:

Built-in minimalist FTP server providing access to configured music folders.

Note that the FTP server is active only when relevant page is shown and shut down as soon as you navigate away from it; it is only for temporary use not for persistent music sharing.

It is particularly useful for the iOS version of foobar2000 mobile, you can finally do whatever you want with your documents folder without iTunes involved.

FTP clients tested and verified to be compatible during in-house test cycle:
    • FileZilla (Windows)
    • Windows Explorer
    • ForkLift (Mac)
    • Safari (Mac)
    • Google Chrome
    • Mozilla Firefox

The feature will be rolled out on all platforms.

Currently, foobar2000 mobile version 1.0.50 is being published - for now only for beta testers.

Administrator

New update going up today.

There have been various refinements to the FTP server functionality. FTP is still available in beta only, public versions will get it by the end of the year.

Other than that, the MinimServer incompatibility has been addressed.

Administrator

Well, Apple is really taking their sweet time reviewing & approving the new update. I pushed the 1.0.51/1.0.52 update date to Monday in the change log for now, and it's still stuck in "reviewing".

Administrator

Well, I just realized how the FTP server feature entirely doesn't work on Lumia devices.

Worse, it worked fine during in-lab tests. It just won't work when installed via Windows Store or sideloaded. It only works when installed using debugger. In other words, it's a proper heisenbug.

After further research it turns out we need to declare "internet server" capability in the manifest to do this - not that we run an internet server as we explicitly bind to a local network IP. The failure is entirely silent, even the app thinks it opened the port successfully.

The next update will address this.

Administrator

Version 1.0.55 / 1.0.56 going up. I hope Apple store gets it approved before the Christmas break.

Change log:
    • FTP server: now available to everyone, not just beta users.
    • FTP server: improved compatibility with various FTP clients.
    • Tools menu structure cleanups.
    • Skinning: New image entries: iconadd, iconremove, iconsliders, iconspeaker, iconmenu, iconlist; default black/white skin images are used if a custom skin is missing some of the new functionality.
    • ReplayGain scanner can now show what albums or tracks are missing ReplayGain info.
    • Refreshed user-specified UPnP server list page functionality.
    • Creating a new playlist now initiates playlist rename.
    • Fixed a skin rendering glitch causing white skin buttons to visible have gray fringe bars on some devices.
    • Android: Enabled app-private music folder feature, in case you do not wish to let any other apps access your music.
    • Android: Fixed various file type registration handling bugs.