Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Development blog

Administrator
    Windows 10 Universal target has been added - no plans for Windows 8 app, only Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Universal apps are currently being worked on, with pretty much all the code shared between the two.

I confirm that Windows 10 Universal app will be ready at the same time as Windows Phone app.

I'm currently working on complying with requirements to have our app playing audio in the background, as it's somewhat more complicated on Windows than it was on iOS and Android.

Administrator

Re: Development blog

Administrator

Status update:
    Added serialization of currently played track list and playback state, necessary for Windows Phone to work properly.

Other platforms benefit from this also: from now on, if foobar2000 mobile is closed and restarted for whatever reason, it will properly remember what it was playing and resume playback where it left.

Administrator

Windows Phone 8.1: finally capable of playing while the device is locked, had to move all of playback logic into a separate background tasks to comply with Microsoft's requirements; no other platform requires such thing so far.
    I'm cleaning up the cosmetics so I can release a Windows Phone alpha build.

Administrator

Windows Phone / Universal status update:

Now using FFmpeg for decoding of MP3, AAC and Vorbis, similarly to the Android port.

Earlier I attempted to use Media Foundation codecs for MP3 and AAC but the results were uninteresting, actually got it working on Windows 10 Universal after some hacking but failed on Windows Phone 8.1, so FFmpeg it is.

Administrator

Windows Phone status update.

I'm very sorry to say that I cannot yet give you guys a test build yet.
    I'll make one as soon as the current blocking bug is gone, but in the current state it's not usable past most basic testing:
    It plays correctly only as long as the device is connected via USB; as soon as it's disconnected and you lock the device, it crashes. As far as I know we meet the requirements necessary for background audio playback - all playback workload done in a separate process; we can play in background while connected via USB.

I'm forced to say that no other OS has given me as much sh*t as Windows Phone, not only I've had to redesign large portions of the app to meet the requirements but I keep being stalled by bad documentation and toolchain bugs.
    I hope we'll get to the bottom of this soon.

Administrator

Summary of <censored> that's been stalling me for all week-
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...orum=wpdevelop

At least now I'm making progress... hopefully this won't cause the app to be rejected from the app store. And Windows 10 doesn't seem to have this bug.

Administrator

Android (alpha 15) and iOS (alpha 29) updates.
    • Resampler DSP
    • Playback and playlist state now remembered across app restarts
    • "Play location" page to input URLs directly
    • Many bug fixes

Windows Phone build soon. We're working on distributing it to you guys. Stay tuned.

Administrator

Looks like we accidentally let our iOS distribution certificate expire. I apologize for the inconvenience. A new build (alpha 30) is being posted now, with the code signing issue resolved.

Administrator

Updates for Android (alpha 16) and iOS (alpha 31) have been posted, mainly bug fixes. Windows Phone version is almost ready, we're doing our best to iron out as many bugs as possible before alpha test.