• Alpha 23 for Android
    • Alpha 39 for iOS
    • 1.1.6 for Windows Phone

Change log
    • Prevented artist pictures from being taken from compilation album covers
    • Added experimental ReplayGain scanner
    • Improved "Shuffle Tracks" and "Shuffle Albums" performance
    • Various visual fixes
    • Android: Corrected playback thread priority management, now usable on single core devices without glitching during scrolling lists
    • Android: Fixed UPnP not working shortly after app startup

Administrator

Re: Development blog

Another update for Android and iOS up; first wave of reported bugs in the new ReplayGain scanner has been dealt with.

WinPhone update will have to wait a bit; I can't even submit a new one until the previous one goes live; I'll post it as soon as I can.

Administrator
    Weekly update:
    Android build 25
    iOS build 41
    Windows Phone 1.1.8 [submission in progress]

Changes
    • UPnP downloader: no longer cancels download after navigating away from it
    • UPnP downloader: fixed handling of track titles with : character
    • Android: Fixed crash when running in background and the playing track has no album cover
    • ReplayGain bug fixes
    • Made response to ReplayGain & DSP configuration change instant
    • Improved display of track & disc numbers in UPnP folders
    • Fixed crash when opening an empty browse tree page (such as empty UPnP folder)
    • Library browsing views now refresh after library content has changed
    • Windows: Added folder-based browsing of device's media library

Again most of this week's effort went into making Windows Phone filesystem operations not suck... it takes 0.3s just to pull a list of 28 subfolders in my Lumia 640XL's music library - from phone's internal storage, not a slow SD card - and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. Even old Samsung Galaxy Ace *destroys* the fastest Windows Phone devices at media library indexing speed. I hope Windows 10 for phones improves this.

Administrator
    Support for skins has been added to the iOS version and will be available with this week's update.

Picture a working prototype running on my iPhone, not a mockup:
    20151201-DSC_5092.jpg

As you can see, the bottom tabs are gone for good; the playback controls occupy the entire screen.

Similar approach will be adopted on all platforms.

Administrator

Weekly updates:
    Android build 26
    iOS build 42
    Windows Phone 1.2 [submission in progress]

Changes
    • iOS: Entirely new user interface layout, new playback screen is now skinnable.
    • All: "Media Library indexing in progress" no longer appears during routine rescans, only when the hasn't been properly indexed yet
    • All: Prevented UPnP downloader from grabbing Asset UPnP's stub folder pictures as album covers
    • All: Added an option to see non audio files in folder browsing view, to delete unwanted folder.jpg and such
    • All: Reworked album header appearance in track lists
    • Windows: Improved looks & behaviors of toast popup messages

Administrator

Uh-huh, I know what you're thinking: did he post 4 verisons or only 3? To tell you the truth I lost track myself in all this excitement.

foobar2000 Mobile is now available as a Windows Universal app to all Windows Phone alpha testers.
    http://forum.foobar2000.com/forum/sh...-phone)-readme

In other news, we'll be entering beta stage as skin functionality is ready on more platforms.

Administrator

Skinning coming to Android version soon, early prototype works.

On iOS, the skins are now able to control appwide colors used in playlists and such.

Administrator
    Long-awaited update:
    • iOS: Alpha 43
    • Android: Alpha 27

On iOS, skin support has been extended; more parts of the app use skin-defined colors.
    Black and white skins are now included by default.

Skin support and new tab-less UI has been ported to Android, everything mostly works with minor glitches on low-memory devices and no convenient way to activate playback controls while browsing ( must go to tools / "show playback controls", or tap the currently playing item );

Additionally, an Android compiler configuration issue causing major performance loss has been fixed; decoding speeds should be much better on all ARM based devices now; problem was present since approximately alpha 22.

Administrator

iOS version has been updated with recently registered device IDs; those of you who submitted device IDs recently can now install it. A proper update will follow soon.

Administrator

Good news everyone! (tm)

iOS version is going beta, through Apple TestFlight.

Invitation emails will be arriving soon, we're making sure everything is in working order. No more UDID registration - it will just work on all devices registered with your Apple ID.

There is one catch to it - Apple TestFlight requires iOS8 or newer, you won't be able to install on older devices even that we support those. If you wish to install on device running iOS older than 8, please use the old route - send device ID to me, I'll send you a sideloadable IPA file that you can install on it.