Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Development blog

Administrator

Re: Development blog

Apple TestFlight appears to be working well - contrary to *cough* Microsoft store.

Everybody involved should have gotten an invite email from Apple to install the beta.

Readme for the iOS version updated with the details.

Administrator

Android version has gone beta as well. Just finished sending the emails.

Administrator

Version 1.0.4 for Android and iOS is being prepared.

Changes:
    • New feature: console log saving.
    • iOS: Fixed the last few dialogs that did not get skin colors applied.
    • Fixed "sort albums by date" not always having an effect.
    • Fixed unresponsive "play" button longpress.
    • Android: Added handler for "audio becoming noisy" event, should now properly pause on headphone unplug.
    • iOS: Fixed edge pan gesture (for toggling between playback & other UI) interfering with usability of some pages.
    • Android: Various cosmetic fixes, fixed propagation of skin colors other than classic white/black ones.
    • Android: Added missing "..." button in playback controls screen.

Next week I resume work on Windows Phone/Universal port.

Administrator

After some initial gripes I've successfully posted foobar2000 mobile to Google Play

foobar2000 on Google Play

Currently as closed beta, see Android version readme for further details.

Administrator

Windows Universal skin rendering sort of works....

*sigh* can't get it running on Windows Phone 8.1, running into all kinds of obstacles:
    * broken compiler - flood of nonsensical errors after attempting to use a trivial C++11 feature took me two hours to figure out
    * broken debugger - been trying to run the app for the last 30 minutes with no success
    * broken app store - how many people actually managed to install it??

If you're a Windows Phone version alpha or beta backer, feel free to contact me to get enlisted for iOS or Android beta testing instead, as it's impossible to give any promises about release timeline, and even then it will always lag behind the other ports due to inferior development tools.

Administrator

OK, progress
    Windows Phone 8.1 version has been successfully upgraded to the new (tab-less) user interface, with playback screen skin rendering - running on my development Lumia 640 XL unit. I'll be working towards getting the beta out to you guys.

Administrator

Follow up rant
    MSDN does not f***ing work most of the time as of this week so I can't access any of Windows development documentation properly.
    Windows Phone compiler is ridiculously broken, debug build produces malformed binary about half the time and requires a clean rebuild to fix.

I feel sorry for anyone else developing for this platform. Android has annoyed the hell out of me on many occasions but I'd still rather code for Android than deal with Microsoft nonsense. And that means a lot considering that I've been writing Windows programs for the last 20 years.

Administrator

OK, after endless VS2015 crashes and other nonsense ( say, why does MS mandate higher version number for Win10 package than WinPhone81 package if you post both ? ) - the beta is going up to the Windows app store, this time including the Windows 10 app.

However, MS dashboard is displaying a notice about delays, so it's hard to tell when it will be actually published.

Note that version numbering is being changed to be consistent with other platforms, the new update will say "1.0.6 beta" in the aboutbox; Windows Store package version numbers will be 1.2.1 (Phone 8.1) and 1.3.1 (Universal).

Administrator

Looks like Microsoft store situation has improved.

Version 1.0.7 with many bug fixes is being posted, should show up on your devices in a couple of hours.

Beta access to foobar2000 for Windows Phone will be opened tomorrow, expect Microsoft Store activation links in your mailboxes soon. This includes access to the Windows 10 Universal app through Microsoft store.

Administrator

Windows Phone / Windows Universal version has gone beta.

Everybody with beta access should have gotten their activation codes emailed. You can install foobar2000 Mobile on full range of Windows 10 devices (via activation code), as well as Windows 8.1 phones (your Microsoft account name must be included on the tester list, if it's different than the email address used to register with us, please contact a staff member to get added).