Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone Design Functionality Proposal 1

Administrator

Phone Design Functionality Proposal 1

Here is the first design functionality proposal:

Administrator

Re: Phone Design Functionality Proposal 1

The free version would not have the playlist page.

Also a search function needs putting somehow on the browse page.

Playlist page might need a shuffle button (album or track based)

The button which reveals Setting, EQ, lock, can also have alarm clock.

The Save and load buttons for playlist, these can be removed onto the playlist name, ie click the name and get offered to save, save new, load, etc. Clear playlist however would remain on main screen.

Administrator

On this design the volume control is at the top, on other players it tends to be either above or below the play buttons. My reasoning, how often is the volume changed on screen? as most devices have buttons on outside, and how often would someone miss select volume whilst clicking play or skip.

Administrator

Tap and hold on > Add to playlist should read 'Play Now, Play Next, Play Later'

What is the home button for on the browse page? (why is it not on every page?)
    would there be a homepage/start page where the next step can be selected or should the start page be selected in the settings? I personally would like to see a start page from where I can go on (maybe it is too much as we deal at the moment with three pages)
    Do you plan different design for each plattform (iOS, Android and Windows Phone)?
    I don't think that a volumne control is necessary - but maybe a mute button (that opens the volumne control?).
    Will there be a search (and not only browse) option?

Administrator

The home button takes the browse to the root menu. The browse will be more capable than any current mobile player, that means potentially you could be 5 selections deep.

Potentially Android and Windows Phone would get a slightly different design, depending on what users expect on that platform.

Mute? would you not simply click play to pause it?

Search is important and will be on the browse.

Mute - of course pausing is the solution - I am watching too many videos where I rather mute than pause...
    Are two sliders on one page not too much?
    Is it really a benefit to have the volume control integrated in the app and not to use the system integrated mechanisms as you already point out (volume controls have often there own buttons)? Maybe it also depends on the systems the app runs on.

But another issue: What is about import and export of playlists? No controls visible on the third screen.

Administrator

Potentially the volume slider can be made less imposing,.

Import and export as load and save?

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Potentially the volume slider can be made less imposing
    On Android, it really doesn't make too much sense to have a volume slider at all. Pretty much every device has a hardware volume rocker. Once you press the rocker, a volume slider is superimposed over the current screen.

On windows phone i never used a volume slider in any music app and i don't miss it.