title

Thread: A question about foobar2000 mobile for Windows 10 Mobile

Question A question about foobar2000 mobile for Windows 10 Mobile

Hi. I really liked this app and tried to use it in my device BUT i'm facing a little problem. I have a Lumia 640 and noticed two things about it:

1. First, i've noticed that the sound quality coming from foobar2000 mobile is worse than the one from Groove Music. Is there any way to fix it? I've noticed that not just the quality but the volume is lower. Is there any way to change it in the DSP settings?

2. Second, i've noticed that it's not possible to increase or decrease the volume while the phone is locked. To do it, I have to touch the power button to show the screen then hit the volume button to work. Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A question about foobar2000 mobile for Windows 10 Mobile

number 1 - not sure about the sound quality, but the volume IS quieter. do you use replaygain? because that will lower the overall volume somewhat by design, on any player and any platform. turn it off if you want full blast. On the other hand, in the replaygain menu you'll find some preamp sliders, which will let you boost the baseline volume somewhat. but careful - it can easily start clipping.

number 2 - confirmed. although I kind of like it because it prevents accidental volume changes in my pocket. but I agree that that behavior should be optional.

Re: A question about foobar2000 mobile for Windows 10 Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Bosso View Post
    2. Second, i've noticed that it's not possible to increase or decrease the volume while the phone is locked. To do it, I have to touch the power button to show the screen then hit the volume button to work. Is there any way to fix it?
    I'm on Windows build 15063.2 and foobar 1.0.55. Volume controls now work under lockscreen. If you are not an insider, you will probably get the creators update on your phone by mid/end of April. It should work then.