Thread: Native Opus file playback over UPnP?

Native Opus file playback over UPnP?

I noticed that mobile foobar on Android only seems to play the wav compatibility stream when selecting opus files over the upnp backend. Is it possible to enable native playback for opus files? The desktop version does this without any issues...

This seems like a simple oversight since local playback of opus works great.

Re: Native Opus file playback over UPnP?

Bump.

Am I the only one trying to use opus and not wanting to waste bandwidth with .wav conversion?

what upnp server are you using?

i use emby and have a backend profile so it passes opus through natively to all my foobar2000 clients.

Administrator

Please tell us what UPnP server you're using.

We do handle Opus streaming, I guess the server gives us a content type that we do not recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Please tell us what UPnP server you're using.

We do handle Opus streaming, I guess the server gives us a content type that we do not recognize.
    Hi Peter,

sorry for the late reply: I'm using the foo_upnp (v. 0.99.49) plugin for the desktop foobar2000 (1.3.14). If I disable wav conversion and wav/pcm compatibility streams the opus tracks do not show up in foobar2000 mobile. When using the foobar2000 desktop version on another PC to access the server the tracks work perfectly.

I've even tried it from a clean install, but maybe it's a configuration problem?

Administrator

Interesting, foo_upnp serves Opus as application/octet-stream - which we do not recognize fall back to another served stream.

Fixed for the next update, thanks for reporting.

Perfect! Thank you for looking into it.