Thread: Pressing & holding a genre should bring up the pop-up menu.

Pressing & holding a genre should bring up the pop-up menu.

Over the weekend, I had occasion to listen to a specific genre. When I went to create a playlist for this genre, I found that I couldn't. Pressing & holding a genre does nothing, and I also found out that pressing & holding an artist with more than 1 album does nothing. I have to add 1 album at a time to a playlist, which is impractical.

Re: Pressing & holding a genre should bring up the pop-up menu.

I agree, I find it rather confusing that sometimes there is a long press menu, and sometimes there isn't. The limitation to one album does not make any sense to me.

+1

Agree...

Also +1 to similar other genre request - long click menu-add genre to playlist

Also nice to have multiple selection capability throughout - artist/album/genre - with selection long-click menu

+1
    This feature would be really cool.
    Very often I want to shuffle all tracks of a specific genre, and I have to add each album manually. Pressing & holding a genre should bring the pop-up to add all the tracks of the genre in a new playlist.

+1

That's the fastest way to listen to a coherent and homogeneous playlist, without bothering to create an actual one.

It's the lack of this feature which makes me using mediamonkey instead of foobar2000 on android... :/