Thread: Cross-platform development

Cross-platform development

Hello,
    Have you ever thought of using cross-mobile software platform ?
    I run a software company and we are using such tool most of the time.
    It allows to break the cost and the headache to maintain multiple versions/OS and is very helpful for maintenance and upgrades.
    We use a software who generates native mobile code and allows to have a unique UI which is generated through this product.
    Then it generates native source code according to OS/version/device (more than 1000 devices are supported).
    It automatically manages tablets or smartphones display with appropriate UI.
    The master is coded in Java, very close to Android, with a specific API.
    If some specific code or library is needed the product allows to insert such code for a specific target.
    I am not trying to sell anything and I haven't any shares in this product, just sharing my experience.
    So far we have successfully managed more than 20 projects in the 20k-100K range.
    There is a site which lists and evaluates cross-platform mobile development platforms (including the one we are using):
    http://propertycross.com/

Administrator

Re: Cross-platform development

The backend of foobar is all c++, which is generally speaking cross platform. It sits on top of a class system which translates to the platform, getting these class systems working on such different platforms can be hard work, however most of the work was already completed.