Thread: Missing files in my media library

Missing files in my media library

Hi,

the media library on pc (foobar2000 1.3.15) contains 9850 flac-files. I copied all files to a micro-sd-card, which I put into my Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6; Android 6.0.1) with foobar2000 (1.0.71 lite). foobar scanned my flac-files but was only able to find 9834 files. The console of the app shows no errors. What can I do to determine, which files were not detected?

Edit: It is not a problem with Unicode, because my files with Russian and/or Chinese letters in the filename/tags are displayed in the app.
    Last edited by chloe.westfall; May 12th, 2017 at 12:23 PM.

Administrator

Re: Missing files in my media library

A long shot, but perhaps you have files with embedded cuesheets or alike? They're not currently recognized as distinct tracks by foobar2000 mobile, only by foobar2000 desktop.

Alternatively look for a specific album with 16 tracks (9850-9834) in your library.

Certainly not a problem with Unicode.

Thanks for the help.

None of my files have a (embedded) cuesheet. But the hint to check all albums with 16 tracks worked:

The missing album is saved in the folder
    SD-Card: /Musik/Eingelesen/Phil Collins/...Hits/
    I think the 3 dots in the pathname are the problem. I can view all files of that folder from the filemanager of my tablet. But not within foobar.

Administrator

OK, that makes perfect sense.

A bit of background-
    On Windows, every file or folder can be flagged as hidden or visible. This information is a part of file attributes - stored alongside filename etc.

On most non-Microsoft systems, there's no distinct 'hidden' flag; files and folders prefixed with a dot are treated by apps as hidden - which is the case here; we skip over the folder following this convention.

Additionally, even Windows Explorer won't let you create a folder with a name starting with a dot, even though such folders otherwise work fine on Windows.

Can you add an option to include the hidden files?

I found the new option to include files/folders with a dot in the current test-release. foobar now shows all my files. Many thanks.