title

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foobar2000 Mobile not showing all music files

Re: Foobar2000 Mobile not showing all music files

The android version now shows all the files from A to Z.
    Problem is that when playing the music is cutting in and out every 10 or so seconds.
    Do not remember doing that last time I used it before upgrading to the beta version.
    Testing done with the phone or iPad within 1 or 2 metres of the bluetooth speaker out of the way of any possible interference.
    Phone I use for music playing if not using iPad is:
    Samsung S5 model SM-9001I
    Android version:6.0.1
    Tried it on another S5 with the same result at v1.0.71
    Other player (mcoonect player v2.2.2) on the same phone is working ok.
    Mostly I use iPad for music playing to bluetooth UE Megaboom speakers ( via Foobar2k mobile now ).
    When using my main traditional hifi stereo I use the iPad to control music by Bluios or JRiver remote.
    These days using the flexibility of the portable bluetooth speakers more and more.
    One other observation with Foobar2k is in the sorting of track order with both iOS and android.
    When selecting music by Album the track order is numerical but when selecting by Folder the track order is alphabetical.
    Some albums you just want to play as they were laid down in track order but given I like to use the Folder source a choice of track order either numerical or alphabetical would be good.
    Be nice if you could select how you wanted to sort track order , for me anyway.
    And while on the wish list...
    1.A way of searching the music folder / source for a particular track name would be very helpful..mainly for those times when someone asks "have you got this obscure track".
    2.Presenting the composer names in the skin would be great for people like myself who have painfully gone to the bother of checking / adding composers before ripping.
    The iOS version on the iPad Mini still seems fine so I'm pretty happy.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by shcbris; May 25th, 2017 at 07:02 PM.

Administrator

Android audio dropouts-
    Does it also happen when playing through phone's internal speaker or wired headphones instead of bluetooth?
    Go to Advaned settings, toggle "Use OpenSL". This will hopefully work around the issue.

Regarding sorting and searching for a specific track, there's the search icon at the top when browsing music already.

Composer info present in the skin, noted.

Problem still with phone on its own using internal speaker with or without OpenSL set.
    Tried a variation of settings.No change.
    Current Settings used ( essentially the same as with the iPad except for settings that do not exist with the iOS version.
    DSP:
    only Skip silence is on all others off

Advanced: All on except the following are off:
    Start playback when plugging headphones
    Extract disc number
    Sort albums by date
    Show non audio files
    Hide duplicate tracks

Replay Gain:
    Source Album
    Processing Gain
    Pre Amp 0dB

Playback Order:
    Shuffle
    Last edited by shcbris; May 26th, 2017 at 06:11 PM.

No versions beyond 1.0.55 lite are reading any music files on my sd card. Using a Logic Gfive with 4.2.3 unrooted. Any suggestions?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by shcbris View Post
    Problem still with phone on its own using internal speaker with or without OpenSL set.
    Tried a variation of settings.No change.
    Current Settings used ( essentially the same as with the iPad except for settings that do not exist with the iOS version.
    (...)
    I presume you're playing files over UPnP from your media server, correct?
    Does it make any difference if you play files stored locally on your phone?
    Please try downloading an album to your phone, navigating to its location (browsing by album or by folder) and playing from there.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rjm831 View Post
    No versions beyond 1.0.55 lite are reading any music files on my sd card. Using a Logic Gfive with 4.2.3 unrooted. Any suggestions?
    Please clarify.

What is the expected behavior and what exactly you are experiencing?

If you are missing "Internal Storage" + "External Storage" in the initial screen, it will be back with the next update.
    As for now you can add these back by hand, just go to settings / Media Library and set the correct folders there.
    If you wish some folder to be shown among your music folders but not actually searched for music (for browsing by artist/album/etc), you can now keep a folder listed but toggled "off".

Yes music is played from NAS using UpNP/ DLNA. This still has issues playing using v1.0.78 beta on android.
    So downloaded 20 tracks of lossless FLAC from the NAS to the phone SD card and this plays with no problems when using v1.0.78 beta.
    Still no problem playing the same NAS FLAC music files using iPad at v1.0.76 beta.
    Interesting.....
    The rgm831 post maybe should be in a separate post to avoid confusion.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by shcbris; Today at 08:24 AM.

Just wanted to add that mconnect app can play same music files from the NAS ok.
    This morning I was swapping between Foobar2k and mconnect ( closing one then opening the other ) on the android phone and the playback issues were only with Foobar app.

Got my son to load Foobar2k v1.0.71 lite onto his Huawei android phone.
    Playing tracks from the same NAS with no issues except the problem of not displaying all files like I had on my Samsung before going to v1.0.78 beta.
    Other details that may or may not be relevant / helpful:
    Router is an ASUS RT-AC88U - NAS is directly connect to a gigabit port on this router. NAS is set with a static IP address.
    Tried optimizing QoS on the router- no change. Current QoS is set to off ( default ).
    Problem still there with even though I now have the NAS connected only to the Router with no other devices connected.
    So testing this issue with as simple as possible. Network looks like:
    NAS--cat6 cable-->ASUS Router------ wifi 5G------>Phone---bluetooth----> to speaker
    Next thing I will try is using a separate TP Link wifi access point and take the router from the equation when I get some time today.