Thread: Any chance there'll be a Foobar2000 for Android TV?

Any chance there'll be a Foobar2000 for Android TV?

Hello everybody,

I'm an enthousiast Foobar2000 user for playing HiRes Multichannel music from my NAS via my pc on my audiosystem.
    I also use it on my iPhone for listening. I love the sound quality and quite a few friends/collegues/familymembers enjoy their music with this wonderful app/program.
    I know there is a version for Android mobile, however there seems to be no version for Android tv. I've recently aquired a nVidia Shield TV-box and would love to install Foobar2000 on it. I've been told the hardware is quite capable, so no issues there?!?. It's also quiet and doesn't use a lot of electricity, that's why I thought it to be an excellent choice for playing (hires MC) music.
    Anyone that has any idea if or when Foobar2000 will be available for this platform?

Administrator

Re: Any chance there'll be a Foobar2000 for Android TV?

Request noted, I'll look into it.

Administrator

Current beta version (1.0.84) has Android TV manifest and should install on Android TV devices.

If you have such device and want to test it, please contact me and give me your Google Play ID to be added to the beta tester list.

I have also recently bought an Nvidia Shield TV unit, and was very disappointed to find not a single app will correctly play hires multichannel flac audio files. They either down-mix to stereo 2-channel, or drop the sampling rate to 48Khz.
    So I would be very interested if an android tv version of foobar could do this.
    I have been told this is not possible inside the android operating system because of the limitations built into it, even the latest Android 7 (Nougat)

Good afternoon, I am also a foobar2000 user, as an audiophile, it is by far the best player for multiple platforms. Would you please be so kind and add me to the beta testing list for Android TV? I brought mine Shield TV a few days ago and foobar is the only thing I miss... I didn't find any option for a private message, so I'm just posting it in here. Please respond soon

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Current beta version (1.0.84) has Android TV manifest and should install on Android TV devices.

If you have such device and want to test it, please contact me and give me your Google Play ID to be added to the beta tester list.
    I want use Foobar2000 for Adroind TV. Please !
    Google play id : Tidusnb@gmail.com
    Thank !

Please add me to your beta group for Android TV users. Guynoir@gmail.com