Thread: Upgraded to 1.0.71 > FB2K totally broken.

Upgraded to 1.0.71 > FB2K totally broken.

Practically every option I try I get: "The folder is empty"
    The playlists work. But I only have one of those... Except that the files show no cover, even though have covers for them.
    If I play them from the library they do have covers.

Update:
    So apparently FB can't find the music folder on its own on the SD card anymore. It previously worked without a hitch.
    So I added it manually. (Note: It would be nice if the "x tracks, y albums" text would update during indexing, so that I know that it indeed finds stuff, without having to exit and re-enter.)

So all the artwork pictures need to be re-loaded. It's rather slow and it looks quite ugly because the album titles overlap the previously loaded album's artwork before their album art is loaded.
    Last edited by mzso; May 22nd, 2017 at 08:37 AM.

Re: Upgraded to 1.0.71 > FB2K totally broken.

So this thing with the non loading arwork is quite annoying.
    Here's what I do. Open an m3u8 playlist file. The files have artwork. Save them via Context menu, last active view. The internal playlist doesn't show any artwork even after I opened the files for playback.

Administrator

Thank you for your feedback.

Some of the issues have been fixed in the latest beta version, horribly slow image loading in particular.
    You can opt-in to receive beta here - http://foobar2000.org/test-android
    Your Google account has been added to the list, if you use another account with Google Play than with our forum, please drop me a message with the proper account name.

Thanks!
    The artworks load faster now. Not sure if they're as fast as they were before. But what I noticed is that all of them need to be reloaded again. Will this happen after all updates? (Or does it happen regardless of updates? I expected some caching.)

(The playlist situation is the same)

Administrator

Regarding image caching-

Old cache content is dropped when there was something very wrong with the previous version. I just replaced Android's ugly native image resizing with our own high quality routine, so any old cached images have massive aliasing artifacts. I'm only going to kill old cache content again when something equally bad gets fixed.