Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IOS Alpha testing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IOS Alpha testing

So how would the alpha testing go, do we have to jailbreak or does apple have a method so people can test apps?

Administrator

Re: IOS Alpha testing

No need to jailbreak, you would pass us the ID of your phone and it allows you to test.

Happy to say that after supplying my ID, it works just fine for me

I'm sure it will be coming, but I'm particularly looking forward to an option to hide anything that isn't locally installed on your phone, or, the usual library filter for *.flac etc so it will hide things that are in iCloud.
    Last edited by Whittle; November 2nd, 2014 at 05:42 AM.

Administrator

Thank you for trying the alpha version.

The next alpha build will already hide everything that is unplayable to us (iTunes Match); fb2k style file format filters have been added to my todo lost.

Downloaded the alpha just now. It's still installing, but it's great just to see a foobar icon on my iPhone. Congrats on the alpha!

UPDATE: It seems to be hung on the "Installing" message. Tried deleting and re-installing, same problem. I have a 5S running iOS 8.1 if that helps.

FURTHER UPDATE: I rebooted the phone, tapped the icon, and now I get a "Waiting..." message that never goes away. Am I doing something wrong (installed via iTunes)?
    Last edited by jkauff; November 3rd, 2014 at 01:55 PM.

Administrator

These issues are more related to iTunes and your iPhone, in that foobar has not had a chance to run until it is fully installed. Try removing it, then re-installing.

Playing flac files in documents works great and fast. Noticed that the final item in genre list is always missed. I changed the order several times and only the final one disappears.

Currently I'm giving it a light test with regards to watching iTunes, and I can't for the life of me find where playlists are. I've made a test playlist and added a couple songs to it, chosen that playlist to sync to my phone, and foobar detects the new songs but I see nowhere that mentions playlists. Am I missing something? I can confirm the playlist shows in my Music app so it definitely is there.

How do you get in on this Alpha testing? I can't find a FAQ or guide. Love to be able to help

Administrator

The iOS version will go for a public preview soon.