Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IOS Alpha testing

Administrator

Re: IOS Alpha testing

http://mobile.foobar2000.com/forum/s...for-iOS-readme
    Updated with better information about iOS code signing

Could you add some screenshots of the three main screens of the app. I as a windows phone user am still curios how it look like.

Hello, i Just registered on the forum to access iOS testing. I did not install the app right now as I'm not sure how to communicate my identity (email) and my iPad UIDD: could you please help me ?

Other topic, I tested other applications on iOS through testflight process. It seems that with that, the developer can push the updates easily.

Best regards

Administrator

To find your UDID using iTunes

Open iTunes (on the Mac or PC, not iTunes on your iPhone / iPad / iPod).
    Connect your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
    Click on the name under the devices list.
    On the Summary tab, click the text 'Serial Number', it will chance to Identifier (UDID).
    Right click on the number and select copy to copy to the clipboard.
    Paste the UDID into a Personal Message on this forum to me.

Testflight is only available with later iOS versions, not all we target.

re: alpha-build7

OK as I cannot find anything else on this forum regarding use of the alpha builds themselves, I'll just fire ahead with a little bit of feedback: The audio quality is great and decoding speeds are very good. I've had no issues during playback and no excessive battery drain. WMA decoding is missing (is it even planned for inclusion? - it doesn't bother me personally.) There appears to be no way to create or manipulate playlists so far. As long as the decoding speed test utility is left open it remembers the last track tested - to test a new track requires me to back out to the 'context:now playing' menu and re-enter it. Folder based cover art is now displaying correctly. The interface is very quick/responsive but might the three panels be better as tabs? Or perhaps the 'browse' page could be prevented from cycling back to 'tools' allowing swipes back thru the library or folders? The 'browse' categories could be labelled separately as 'Library' and 'Folders' and any related tools placed on that page e.g configure libray? I'm testing this on an iPad mini 2, so I'm not using it one-handed. Are there any plans/hopes for a tablet specific layout - maybe something along the lines of the monkeymote for foobar app?

Great work so far. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ellul; November 21st, 2014 at 05:50 PM.

Getting better by the build. It would be useful to keep the playback controls across the bottom of the screen on all panels.

Playing flac files in documents works great and fast. Noticed that the final item in genre list is always missed. I changed the order several times and only the final one disappears.

Currently I'm giving it a light test with regards to watching iTunes, and I can't for the life of me find where playlists are. I've made a test playlist and added a couple songs to it, chosen that playlist to sync to my phone, and foobar detects the new songs but I see nowhere that mentions playlists. Am I missing something? I can confirm the playlist shows in my Music app so it definitely is there.

How do you get in on this Alpha testing? I can't find a FAQ or guide. Love to be able to help

Administrator

The iOS version will go for a public preview soon.