Thread: 1.2.39 for WP8.1 skin failed loading

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry 1.2.39 for WP8.1 skin failed loading

I found a new version foobar(1.0.83 for WP- 20170716 ver) mobile for MS WP8.1(Lumia & HTC M8 wp) and updated it in WP Store.

However,it failed loading Now Playing interface and just a simple "Loading Skin" prompt is displayed. It's so difficult to control without Now Playing page.
    Also, custom skin is not able to add and load. I've tried to uninstall it, download and reinstall, but this didn't work.

How to solve this error? there's no such issue in the old version but I can't go back to the old one.
    Last edited by frankieau; July 17th, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Administrator

Re: 1.2.39 for WP8.1 skin failed loading

Yep known issue.

I sincerely apologize about this messup, it's all my fault.

A fixed version is already up in the Windows Store, please auto-update and you should not see this issue again.

Thanks so much for timely maintenance. I just update it and it works perfectly. Foobar is really a satisfactory audio player especially in WP. Because of your hard work, it still support wp8.1.Wonderful!!

Hi Admin. I still can't add '.fbskin' user skin file to the app in 'Choose Skin' menu.The skin was downloaded from Forum-Skin.(Metro UI skin for Lumia) and I put it in my SD-Download folder.After my choosing the file nothing was added to the skin library. I used HTC M8 WP(8.1), a little bit old version. What's wrong? Or it's because of WP8.1, not compatible with WP10.0? Thanks for your hard work!

Administrator

Thanks for reporting. Indeed, skin picker functionality quit working at some point.

The next update will fix this.

Administrator

Windows Phone 8.1 version has been updated with a fix for the skin picker. The update has passed certification and should be arriving on your devices shortly. Other versions unaffected - about box will show 1.0.85 + Windows Store package number 1.2.41 in the new build.