Thread: Is a download available for a windows phone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is a download available for a windows phone

This is likely my best option. I am looking for a player that I can play LPs on. I digitize them and play the whole album. I place markers in-between the tracks, it would be cool if I could skip forward.

Anyhow I do not see a download available

Re: Is a download available for a windows phone

Development has just begun; no downloads for even what seems to be the primary dev. platform (iOS). To be honest, and this is coming from a WP zealot who hates to recommend Apple or Google, I recommend Android for now if you want a portable multimedia player, unless you want to go with something like Rockbox. I don't think there are players for WP right now that support the sort of cue-sheet/bookmark functionality you want.

I concur about Android. Using GoneMad in the interim. Not sure if it has all the functionality you desire but it's good enough for now. See also Bubbleguuum's BubbleUPnP

windows phone really needs the foobar app, all the other ones I tried are pretty poor.
    Android has some decent music apps, but I prefer windows phone overall except for the lack of a good player

I would like to second Andric's comment. Windows Phone (and Windows RT) lack a good player. Windows new release will probably solve a lot of compatibiliy problems but that doesnt mean a good player will be available

I think Windows Phone 8.X app can access it's storage reserved for each app. It's a MS's policy and this makes misic files management too hard.

I hope foobar2000 mobile App might have a simple file management(like drag & dlop ) method.
    Some WP player App uses SD cards. That's because App might access & conrtol files easy on the Removable(External) storage.

My WP8(Nokia 930) has no SD-Slot. So, I wish foobar2000 mobile (WP8) can play internal file( on the phone) / external files seamlessry.

Quote Originally Posted by Andric View Post
    windows phone really needs the foobar app, all the other ones I tried are pretty poor.
    Seconded here as well. I just added some cash to the Kickstarter, mainly because I saw the plan to have a Windows Phone app. I'm looking forward to it!

Just joined up with the $25 option. I plan to use this app on all my computers without a doubt but what really pulled me in was the Windows Phone support as well. Looking forward to jumping on future opportunities to test it out.