Thread: Multi-cd albums messed-up when download

Multi-cd albums messed-up when download

First, this is the best music app in the planet, thanks!

Foobar mobile IOS messes-up song order when downloading as it uses a sequential number assigned internally instead of the disc-track embeded in the file. Being an opera lover, this makes the download feature impossible to use.

Funny enough, on playback it keeps the order despite the change in sequence.

I hope it could be fixed.

Administrator

Re: Multi-cd albums messed-up when download

Thanks for your feedback.

Please clarify, are you downloading music from UPnP server? What exact server software are you downloading from?

Re: Multi-cd albums messed-up when download

Hi Peter, what an honour!

The server is in a windows 10 machine, running latest Foobar. I connect via upnp/server/internetaccess with password.

Format track is %album%-%disc number%-%track%-%title%. All albums have complete metadata. Every cd is in a separate folder (ie discs are /../CD 1/, ....

IOS 10.3.3 with latest foobar.

When I connect from ios the multidisc cd tracks appears in correct order, however the "sequence number" on the left (I presume created by the ios foobar app) gets reset as it detects cd change. When I press download, Foobar IOS then uses this "sequence" to sort, leaving multicd albums messed up.

Being an opera lover, I appreciate very much the help