Thread: playlist: song order issues

playlist: song order issues

Dear All,

I have used this guide (GUIDE-Transfer-music-to-foobar2000-mobile-over-wi-fi-with-UPnP) and everything seems to work well. Indeed this is a fine piece of software.

However I have one issue I have not been able to resolve. The order of the songs changes when the playlist is transferred to an iPhone.
    The following example may help.
    I have a playlist with a certain order on my PC foobar2000 v 1.3.2. The order of the song (considering the Artist/album of the first column) is Train, then Arcade fire, then Sylvan Esso. I own full albums of these artists.
    Now when I transfer this playlist on the iPhone, the order is changed. What I understand is that the order becomes alphabetical or, if there is a track number is follows that. When transferred to the phone the order then becomes: 1 Arcade Fire, 2 Sylvan Esso, 3 Train. But this is not clearly the order of the songs that I have in my playlist in the PC...

Can I control this, without having to edit the playlist in the iPhone and without having to change the metadata on the original files in my PC?
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Maurizio

Re: playlist: song order issues

I'm hitting this as well but I think this is because there is no playlist created on the mobile device, just a folder, is that right? This is a good feature, really easily allows content to be put on the mobile device but in order for it to be great I'd like to see the following:

- after the download is done, create a local playlist with the order of the songs downloaded

The order of the tracks does not matter, but if there was a playlist which had the order that would be perfect. mbussolo, would that work for you as well?