Thread: Will there be an sdk for foobar2000 mobile? To write or port our own codecs/plugins?

Will there be an sdk for foobar2000 mobile? To write or port our own codecs/plugins?

Will you release an sdk for the mobile version? It would be great to have the possibility to write our own plugins or codecs.

I'm specially interested in chiptune/videogame music formats.

Cheers.

Administrator

Re: Will there be an sdk for foobar2000 mobile? To write or port our own codecs/plug

Unlikely as apps in the app store have to be complete and cannot have downloadable addons (plugins or codecs).

Re: Will there be an sdk for foobar2000 mobile? To write or port our own codecs/plug

Oh, that's too bad. It was one of the reasons I backed the project.

To me, letting the user write his/her own plugins is one of the best features of the pc version.
    Last edited by bluemonkey; March 14th, 2015 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Unlikely as apps in the app store have to be complete and cannot have downloadable addons (plugins or codecs).
    Reminder to self: I should rely on F-Droid as much as possible, too much non-sensical bs with the commercial app stores.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    I think there is some way to workaround this rules, at least on Android, see MX Player on Google Play: http://goo.gl/pPdWjK And others codec for this app are available on xda

^^^ Yeah, this might be an Apple-only thing that add-ons aren't allowed. I recall that for the Poweramp app on Android, there were plugins available, too.

The fear that particularly Apple--to a lesser extent, Google and Amazon as well--instills in developers is really unhealthy. In this thread, we're being told the killer feature of fb2k won't be implemented because Apple doesn't want to see it.

I honestly wouldn't be on Android anymore if it weren't for custom ROMs like Cyanogenmod will allow me to bypass most of those silly restrictions.

EDIT: A link on the topic.
    Last edited by playhouse; March 26th, 2015 at 10:49 AM.